Easter is a very special time of the year. It has many spiritual implications and it helps to usher in the spring season. Spring is a time of renewal. It is the time when all of the trees are presenting new growth to the world. From a distance, they appear as though they have draped themselves in the look of lace.
There are many appropriate activities for the Easter season. Children have always been a focus of this time of renewal. Christ loved the little children and focused on their great value. It is a great thing for parents to do, as well.
Traditional Activities for Children:
• Colouring Easter eggs is a fun activity for the kids. Taking the time to do intricate artwork on the eggs can be enjoyable and may be just a bit more creative than just colouring.
• Creating an Easter basket from unusual items can provide a thought-provoking activity that stirs the imagination. These baskets can be given to adults who would sense all the creativity that went into the project. The usual baskets can then be created for the kids in the family.
• Let the kids dye the eggs and then create the adult baskets. Their baskets should be created after they have gone to bed. The surprise on Easter morning is like a little bit of Christmas in their lives.
• The Easter egg hunt is an important matter for children. It provides consistent tradition and a sense of awe.
• Helping Mum to bake a special cake, and possibly cupcakes, truly brings the family together in a wonderful learning experience. Learning to bake a cake and decorate it is an activity that children love to do.
• Try melting chocolate and pouring it into Easter candy moulds. Chocolate discs come in all spring colours.
• Take a springtime walk in the countryside. Consider taking a book about flowers and help your children identify new buds.
• Hang balloons. Decorate trees. Give hugs and kisses. Remember Dad.
Add a New Activity Each Year:
By trying a new activity each year Easter can become a time to spend time with your children and create closer bonds. For ideas for little presents to accompany play – see our Easter gifts.